I wanted to shake up my life and go sailing (or learn on the job, so-to-speak) so headed to Florida to crew on a catamaran. This is about how it went or, rather, didn't - and my life since. Hopefully it will lead to a catamaran on the clear aqua blue waters of the Caribbean Sea, watching the sunset, a coconut rum and coke in hand. You must START AT THE BEGINNING of the blog, April 2009, to get the whole story...

Friday, July 13, 2012

GOOD FOR THEM BUT IT'S NOT FOR ME

Those of you who have read this blog from the beginning know that it is a dream of mine to sail the Caribbean islands and would go to almost any length to do so. ALMOST any length.

I found a blog today, thanks to my friends Mike and Rebecca at Zero to Cruising, where a couple really have gone to 'any length' to make their dream of sailing the islands a reality.

Click HERE to take you to the blog about sailing the Caribbean on found junk.

As much as I'd love to see the islands by sailboat, I'd never in a million years go about it the way they have. Some people have more guts than money - and an over abundance of temerity - throwing all caution to the wind to do something this outrageous. Not to mention somewhat dangerous.

Nope... I will find another way to live out my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All photographs are mine and not to be copied without express permission from me (click on them to see the large version).
Some names have been changed to protect my butt.



Search My Blog

Amazon Store

Here's my Amazon Store called Sandra's Selections, full of my favourite things and constantly updating it as I discover more fav's. It's more for fun than anything as I've never made a cent off of it.