I wanted to shake up my life and go sailing (or learn on the job, so-to-speak) so headed to Florida to crew on a catamaran. This is about how it went or, rather, didn't - and my life since. Hopefully it will lead to a catamaran on the clear aqua blue waters of the Caribbean Sea, watching the sunset, a coconut rum and coke in hand. You must START AT THE BEGINNING of the blog, April 2009, to get the whole story...

Monday, April 12, 2010

TEMPLE TIME

There's a new Mormon Temple in town.

I have always been a bit curious about what goes on in a Mormon Temple and why is it such a big secret. Well, apparently it's not that big of a secret because they are giving tours of it for the next two weeks.

So I went to have a look. We weren't allowed to take photos inside. It wasn't at all what I was expecting. I thought it would have a huge sanctuary but it doesn't. It's a lot of small rooms; some bigger than others. There are teaching rooms, changing rooms - because they have to wear all white inside, 'binding' rooms - where marriages take place as well as ceremonies to forever bind families together, a celestial room - a meditation room that rivals any castle salon, and lots of seating areas that are furnished beautifully with plush chairs, occasional tables and lamps. Our guide told us that nothing but the best workmanship and fittings are used, and that is obvious when walking through. There's lots of original artwork depicting scenes from the Bible as well as murals on some walls.

There are just over 100 Mormon Temples in the world and this is the only one in B.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All photographs are mine and not to be copied without express permission from me (click on them to see the large version).
Some names have been changed to protect my butt.



Search My Blog

Amazon Store

Here's my Amazon Store called Sandra's Selections, full of my favourite things and constantly updating it as I discover more fav's. It's more for fun than anything as I've never made a cent off of it.