I wanted to shake up my life and go sailing (or learn on the job, so-to-speak) so headed to Florida to crew on a catamaran. This is about how it went or, rather, didn't - and my life since. Hopefully it will lead to a catamaran on the clear aqua blue waters of the Caribbean Sea, watching the sunset, a coconut rum and coke in hand. You must START AT THE BEGINNING of the blog, April 2009, to get the whole story...

Monday, March 1, 2010

DEAFENING SILENCE

I am a bit discouraged by the fact that I rarely get any comments on my blog. It's akin to being on a stage, I think, giving it your all and then when done everyone just looks at you with a blank face in stony silence. I follow about 7 blogs on a regular basis. They get half a dozen comments on every post, at least. So it makes me wonder what I am doing wrong, or if anyone is really interested in this blog. I know I have regular readers; my stat counter shows that quite clearly. And when I post something new, the readership jumps to between 50 and 70 for that day. But the lack of comments is not reflecting the following and I have no idea why. Maybe it's time for me to get off of the stage.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy

    I agree that getting comments is nice. We definitely enjoy reading about what others have to say about the posts on our blog, including your contributions! Thank you. The fact that people are reading your posts, and your stats prove that, is in my opinion, at least as important. If you enjoy writing then I would keep it up!

    Have a great day!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mike. I hesitated to write this post because it comes across as fishing for compliments and that is not my intent. I am just really baffled as to why almost no one comments and wonder if it's because there's really nothing of substance to comment on, and if so, then I feel why write it in the first place.

    But you're right, I do enjoy writing. And if nothing else, it gives me something to go back to when I want to remember what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you weren't fishing for compliments.

    When I first started our blog our cruising plans were a secret. I don't think anyone even knew about it for the first few months! It is a nice reference though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Sandra from one of your biggest blog fans! We're Canadian - taciturn by nature? Perhaps less so post-Olympics now that we're forever changed. I love your blog - each entry is a gift - I always settle in to enjoy a good read with each posting. Keep it up. I'll go into withdrawal if you stop. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Linda! I thought of you when I wrote this post because I know you are a faithful reader and enjoy it AND you're one of the few who has commented at all since I moved the blog to this host site. It's strange, but I got WAY more comments back when it was on getjealous.com But then again, there was a LOT more going on to comment on.

    ReplyDelete

All photographs are mine and not to be copied without express permission from me (click on them to see the large version).
Some names have been changed to protect my butt.



Search My Blog

Amazon Store

Here's my Amazon Store called Sandra's Selections, full of my favourite things and constantly updating it as I discover more fav's. It's more for fun than anything as I've never made a cent off of it.